I’m glad that I have gotten this far! The joy of being so close to completion is incredible! I thought I would be able to use the brake from the scooter that I have, but it seems the part that holds the tire is not designed for bikes, but for the scooter. That means I had to get calipers. I thought I was sold a lemon after coming home and seeing that it didn’t match the wheel and didn’t look like it was a match. After some tinkering, I saw that I was able to get the calipers to hold the wheel when I used the brake handle with the wire attached to the caliper (pics below). I am amazed at how easy something can be when research is done!
I was able to figure out how to put all of the scooter parts onto my trike (area for motor, batteries, and controller). Regrettably I opened the motor to see if I could take the shaft off of it and I heard a popping sound as if I opened up a can or bottle of soda. That seemed to have messed with the magnetization of the motor. I was able to get it working again but while trying to fix, the inner magnets were being chipped to pieces! My final try at getting something onto the shaft led to the motor not working. (I found some round magnets from a shower curtain that I’m going to try to see if that helps with the magnetization).
Below are some pics:
I can’t wait for the next model! I may just chop off the front of a bike and attach square tubes to it with self tapping screws. Stay tuned for that!
PS. I am first working on getting a working motor onto the back to see how it handles with a motor. Once I have that confirmed, I may put this one up for sale and work on the next model.